Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Colombia Caribbean

Mud Volcano
Day trip from Cartagena to the largest mud volano in South America



Largest... and apparently best guarded and safest


Los Naranjos
Set off by myself in seach of Caribbean surf to the "town" of Los Naranjos. When I got dropped off I realized it wasn´t a town at all, but instead barbed wire encircled private drives. After getting turned around at one I ventured to the next which happened to be a coconut farm and I found a hammock to sleep in for 2 nights.

Los Angeles Coconut Farm- a good place with basically all you can eat and drink cocos given that you climb up a tree to retrieve them.

The beach - with suprisingly decent surf (not pictured here) and the friendlest local surfers I´ve ever encountered. Waves decent enough to break my board (ripped leash plug out) and then fixed with some resin a guy had on hand.



And I finally got rid of the surfboard, trying to sell it to this great local guy for a few bucks and he forced me to take more.

Parque Tayrona
Arguably the most beautiful Colombian beach and one of the best in the world. Had to hike about 2 hours to get to Cabo San Juan where I slept 2 nights again in hammocks. This time perched on a point with a 270 degree view of the clear turquoise.

Tough to beat lodging


Tagonga
Currently staying in fishing and vacation town of Tagonga eating up days until flying home. In a 3 day open water SCUBA diving certification course.



View of Colombia



Next
Getting SCUBA certified, laying on the beach, drinking incredible fresh fruit juices

No comments:

Post a Comment